Women's Health Connecticut is seeking a Ultrasound professional to support our fast-paced OBGYN Clinic, in New Britain, CT.
Address: 1 Grove St. New Britain, CT 06053
Schedule: 4-5 days per week (flexible)
Reports to: Physician
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a representative of PWH, displaying courtesy, tact, consideration and discretion in all interactions with other members of the PWH community, and the public
- Observe screen during scan to ensure that image produced is satisfactory for diagnostic purposes, making adjustments to equipment as required
- Ability to perform, observe and provide oral and written summary of technical findings to physician for use in medical diagnosis
- Ability to prepare patient for exam and effectively explain procedures to ensure the safety and comfort of all patients
- Ability to order, approve and submit diagnostic procedures within our medical record software
- Coordinate work with physicians, including providing assistance during more invasive in-office procedures
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment when determining if the procedure was sufficient for proper diagnosis or if additional imaging is required prior to presentation to physician
- Maintain stock and supplies, preparing supplies for special procedures and ordering supplies when necessary
- Clean, check and maintain sonographic equipment, submitting maintenance requests when applicable
- Follow internal protocols regarding departmental communications
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Adhere to corporate compliance program guidelines and comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures within the PWH community
- Maintain and respect the confidentiality of PHI (Protected Health Information) in accordance with, corporate policy and all HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) mandates. Candidate will have access to PHI based on the HIPAA minimum necessary standards
- Other duties as assigned by management
- ARDMS/RDMS Certified, required.
- 3 years minimum of OB/GYN Sonographer experience.
- Computer skills evidenced by proficiency and /or training with applicable software.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.