Women's Health Center of Shelton, a division of Physicians for Women’s Health and an affiliate of Women’s Health Connecticut, is seeking an experienced Practice Site Manager. The individual in this position is a key member of the management team, which includes partner physicians, clinical staff, and operation management across several locations.
The position requires a minimum of five years of management experience in a medical office setting with at 3 years of responsibility and expertise in patient billing.
The Practice Site Manager will be responsible for the overall operations, development and success of the practice. In this important role, the Practice Manager will act as an information resource and ambassador to patients, the general public, physicians and staff. This position reports into the Practice Manager.
Position: Site Manager
Address: 4 Corporate Drive. Shelton, CT 06484
Employment Type: Full-time, 40 hrs per week
Schedule: Monday- Friday, 8:00a- 5:00p
Reports to: Division Practice Manager
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Effectively communicate with physicians, health insurance representatives, and other healthcare professionals
- Supervision of Billing and surgical scheduling staff
- Ensure office is opened and closed daily, as per established schedules
- Interview, hire and train new staff in accordance with HR guidelines
- Address staff issues and conduct regular performance reviews once approved by Practice Manager
- Manage daily staffing to ensure optimal operation of the practice
- Oversee supply inventory
- Regularly review productivity and make staffing adjustments as needed Monitor and approve time cards and track licensure requirements for staff
- Ensure the business needs of the practice are met and actively work to recruit new patients
- Responsible for executing projects/changes as directed by the Practice Manager, Partner Physicians, and the organization
- Manages practice within budgetary guidelines
- Review and enter invoices into accounts payable system Ensure compliance with all government guidelines
- Perform internal compliance audits Responsible for facilities and premises management
- May assist in scheduling appointments and maintaining medical records
- Develop and implement office policies and procedures in conjunction with Practice Manager
- High School diploma or GED, required. Bachelors degree preferred.
- Strong medical insurance billing and A/R experience, required.
- 3-5 years of leadership/supervisor/management experience, required.
- Advanced knowledge of medical terminology.
- Proficiency with Excel spreadsheets, as it relates to reporting.
- Proficiency with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems. (Athena exp. is a plus)
- The ability to navigate multiple programs and learn new and complex computer system applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.