Women’s Health Connecticut is a supportive and highly engaged community of OB/GYN providers. Within our network of more than 275 providers, our physicians and advanced practice providers still feel themselves a part of a tight-knit, collaborative community. Women’s Health Connecticut cares about the work environment and satisfaction of its providers. There’s a place for you here and an opportunity to have a say in your future.
Physician for Women’s Health (PWH), a proud affiliate of Women’s Health Connecticut, is comprised of Physicians who demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide obstetrical and gynecological care, appropriate to the age of the patients served.
OB/GYN Physicians, of Physicians for Women’s Health, is seeking a full-time Physician to support our OB/GYN practice located in Milford, CT. Current MD staffing within the practice includes 1 MD, 2 Certified Nurse Midwives, and 1 Physician Assistant. Providers take equal call and service patients in one office location. The practice is affiliated with St. Vincents Hospital and Yale New Haven Health.
Candidates must have the ability to diagnose patient conditions and provide appropriate treatment recommendations. Candidates must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of fetal growth and development and have the ability to identify and categorize each patient’s age specific grouping of needs.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Perform comprehensive physical examination, and compile patient medical data including health history and results of physical examination.
- Orders or performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, and basic wound care.
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and development, family planning, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, follows hospitalized patients as appropriate, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Gain competence in Electronic Medical Record System.
- Billing submission at time of office visit.
- Experience in OB/GYN or Women’s Health
- MD or DO from accredited medical school
- Board certified or board eligible
- Connecticut License
- Federal and State controlled substance licenses
- BLS certification
- Eligible for hospital privileges
- Effective communication (verbal and written), listening, and customer service skills
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply to learn more about all the position has to offer!